Tuesday, August 9, 2011

my country t'is of thee

It pains me to what is going on in my home country right now. I was one of the many who saw no choice but to leave in order to save my family and myself from what I saw as the inevitable destruction of society being visited by Thatcher and her slightly redder successors. Now the grandchildren of those years have risen up and expressed themselves in the only voice left to them. The destruction is horrible and the violence is foul but the systematic opression that so many people in the class formally known as working have lived through for so long made this sort of outbreak almost inevitable. And nothing will come of it except for more opression, more suppression and anything but the deep social remedies that have been needed for far too long. They say you can never go home but my home doesn't even exist anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment