Wednesday, December 15, 2010

so where did the year go again?

I wish I could say that the reason I haven't added anything to this blog since the summer was because my fascinating everyday life has kept me so busy doing wonderful things that I just couldn't even squeeze out the tiniest morsel of joy for my reader to enjoy. Unfortunately the true reason is probably closer to apathy then anything else.

And speaking of apathy, hey look! It's christmas again. Oh boy. Has it ever occurred to you how much nicer an experience it is giving (and getting) presents at a time where it isn't culturally mandated? I guess one can always use more socks but seriously? Why?

My son was born on December 18th and I have always put a fair amount of effort in preventing his birthday from being subsumed into the whole christmas thing. That in turn led me to believe in the joy of giving the unexpected present as being the far superior practice.

I mean I will give christmas presents, both to family and friends. Just don't expect it to end there...

No comments:

Post a Comment